Vacancy: Web Developer - OPEN
The Web Application Developer will be responsible for supporting the existing infrastructure as well as develop new technologies.
The ideal candidate must display excellent written and oral skills with demonstrated interpersonal and organization abilities. A candidate for this position must be able to work in a varied, fast paced environment. Flexibility and tolerance is a necessity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop custom web applications and websites, ecommerce deployments, etc.
- Meet with project team members and clients to develop an understanding of client requirements.
- Implement client websites and web applications, intranets and extranets.
- Help to architect client projects.
- Prepare project specifications documents, features documents, feature documents and project plans.
- Work as part of a dedicated team of project managers, developers and database pros and designers.
- Develop new products and extend existing ones.
- Participate in all phases of Web application and websites development projects, from requirements gathering to deployment.
- Assist with server administration and server security.
- Rapidly develop new features based on user feedback.
- Suggest new features for current projects.
- Work on weekly and bi-weekly deadlines.
Other duties may be assigned as required.
The Ideal candidate will also possess the following skills:
- Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Able to promptly answer support related email, phone calls and other electronic communications.
- Self motivated, detail-oriented and organized.
- Experience with hardware and software issues.
- Proficient in Internet related applications such as E-Mail clients, FTP clients and Web Browsers.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills.
- Typing proficiency: 40-60 wpm.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Portfolio of verifiable website development and website design works.
- Proficient in Adobe Master Suite Collection CS3 and above (Photoshop, Flash, Illustrator, Fireworks, Dreamweaver)
- Knowledge and experience with SEO
- Good communication, project management and documentation skills.
- Demonstration of good design principles and attention to detail.
- High degree of initiative with a strong desire to improve skills and drive change.
- Outstanding technical knowledge of database design & maintenance.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks.
- Knowledge of content managegement systems e.g Joomla, Drupal, WordPress, etc. a plus
- Flash video/animation experience a plus.
Key Performance Measures:
- Successful delivery of assigned application development tasks and projects.
- Excellent customer service experiences by internal and external customers.
- Effective training and support of user communities with Web technologies and tools.
- Effective coordination of project v. task needs v. operational requirements with teammates and the organization.
- Positive contributions to the organization beyond the scope of normal responsibilities.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages,
area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Content Management Systems; Database
Software; Internet Software and Word Processing Software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Will be based on experience and hours worked.
Based in Nairobi.
Applying for this position
If you THINK you have the required skills, please send a CV and accompanying letter or email to the email address below.
Please ensure that you state your existing level of expertise, giving reference websites where applicable,
and give some indication of the type and level of work you are looking for.
If you would like to apply for this position please send your c.v. to